Its snow fun up there....

Organize rides.
Shinny
Smooooooth

Re: Its snow fun up there....

Postby Shinny » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:41 am

Its pretty decent again with the recent snow. Overtime, dawg, hustler all had bike tracks down them yesterday.

Shinny
Smooooooth

Postby Shinny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:42 am

Update: overtime / dawg / hustler have become bobsled tracks basically and are super icy and scary to ride, not even enjoyable in my opinion. Went up yesterday, hustler was so bad I decided to cut through the forrest and get to the road Instead of sliding on ice, could barely walk let alone ride Just an FYI for anyone thinking about going, I'm hoping the huge rain on Tuesday and Wednesday clears out some snow. Bert Flynn was just as bad I thought, went there in the afternoon.

Elvis Meatface
Smooooooth

Postby Elvis Meatface » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:20 am

Thanks for posting....I hate to waste "riding time"

sparkplug
Smooooooth

Postby sparkplug » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:04 pm

It depends which trails you ride in those areas...

Lower Bert Flinn was mint today; we pedalled and rode everything and were rewarded with 95% dirt and only 5% icy patches. Over 7.5kms of riding, 400m climbing; XC but still fun.

Burke, you just have to choose the trails: Dawg, Hustler, Ray Ray's = ice rinks. BBT, Green Bastard and Fluid = saweet! The trick is to find trails that have just the right amount of traffic; enough to pack down the trails but not so much that they become compacted ice.

Not than any of this matters now; it all turns to slush and compacted snow/ice tomorrow. It'll be a bit before riding is good again. Time to clear out drains and remove debris once the trails are able to be hiked.

Elvis Meatface
Smooooooth

Postby Elvis Meatface » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Unfortunately, I thought this was a good day to take the bike apart and didn't get a chance to ride it first. Now it's in pieces while I wait for the big melt (and the run off).

clown
Smooooooth

Postby clown » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:12 am

We night-hiked up the east side road under the full-moon and crazy carpeted down from the powerlines.....the packed down snow was like a bobsled track....longest sled ride the kids had been on! No wheels but we all had a blast!
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
Henry David Thoreau

sparkplug
Smooooooth

Postby sparkplug » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:53 am

That sounds awesome!!

AmyBlack
Wheels Firmly on the Ground

Postby AmyBlack » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:50 pm

Shinny wrote:Sawblade falls on Saturday.

Nice Dog!

Return to “Rides”