Arthritis..Need Advice!

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums
AmyBlack
Wheels Firmly on the Ground

Arthritis..Need Advice!

Postby AmyBlack » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi all, I am new here. I would like to get some advice on which treatment to take in the case of my husband.
He is 43 now and he started to exhibit some symptoms which are very similar to patients who have arthritis.
He has stiffness and swelling around his left knee. Along with that, he is having back pain too. When we consulted our doctor, she said that he is suffering from Inflammatory arthritis. He is a person who does not like to take medicines. He always had a hate towards medicines. Knowing that he won’t take medicines even prescribed, our doctor suggested a better option, taking him to foot doctor orthotics in Mississauga.
Will foot orthotics work in his case? Anyways, I am asking him to go there. Has anyone here gone for this treatment? Did you have a positive result? Are there any other treatments other than taking medicines for arthritis?

blackfly
Six-Footers

Re: Arthritis..Need Advice!

Postby blackfly » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Glucosamine and Condroitin Sulphate. If it is for cartilage wear there is inevitably nothing you can do but what was mentioned previous can be found in any health food store.

I have been told, as I need a new knee in the next 10 years, that the stem cell avenue of this medication does wonders and is less invasive and has faster healing times. But, it also costs.

AmyBlack
Wheels Firmly on the Ground

Postby AmyBlack » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:26 pm

Hey, Thank you for sharing that piece of information. I know one of my friends taking this medicine for Osteoarthritis. She says that there is a reduce in pain after taking those. But what to do, my husband has a hatred towards medicines. How will I ask him to take this then?

Elvis Meatface
Smooooooth

Postby Elvis Meatface » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:33 am

If you are looking for custom orthotics and advice related to them, I wouldn't hesitate recommending Kintec (who also happen to be a TORCA sponsor). Check out https://www.kintec.net/custom-orthotics/

Return to “Everything Else”