New Gate/outhouse/boulders

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums
clown
Smooooooth

New Gate/outhouse/boulders

Postby clown » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:01 am

So I see a much needed outhouse has appeared on the climb just past the first turn-off as well as some boulders blocking the crossing from OVERTIME into FLOW, and a new yellow gate just past the 2nd turn off.
Anyone know whats up?
I know what the outhouse is for but any input about the new gate and road blockages?
Some major work soon to be happening low on the mtn??
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
Henry David Thoreau

Biggles
Don't mind me, I'm British

Re: New Gate/outhouse/boulders

Postby Biggles » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:17 am

TORCA is investigating this. We'll keep you posted.
There was a recent change in staffing for BC Parks, so I'm wondering if this may have something to do with it.

Tortoise
Four-Footers

Postby Tortoise » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:15 am

I spoke with the workers the day they were starting to install that gate. The gate was installed to prevent those with gate key access (cabin owners) from being able to use spur 1. They are wanting to channel them only to the road to the cabins (spur 2)

Biggles
Don't mind me, I'm British

Postby Biggles » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks, that's what I had assumed.
Were the workers BC Parks, or BC Hydro?

Brizent
Eight-Footers

Postby Brizent » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:32 pm

I was just about to post the same thread before I saw this one! There are actual two gates. The other one is on the main spur/Harper Rd, at the entrance to Dawg. I was thinking the cabin crew explanation my self so that makes perfect sense. The boulders at the Overtime through-way Fluid connector has me scratching my head though.

Tortoise
Four-Footers

Postby Tortoise » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:16 am

It was hydro that was contracting this work

clown
Smooooooth

Postby clown » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:43 pm

thanks for the info. guys, the outhouse is a very welcome addition. The paint smelled so fresh I had to touch it.
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
Henry David Thoreau

Shinny
Smooooooth

Postby Shinny » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:29 am

What a waste of time and money... cabin owners are going up to the cabins.. they aren’t wasting time driving up spur 1 or up spur 3. I could see if bc hydro was going to be moving some heavy equipment onto the mountain and wanted to limit the moto access but saying it’s to prevent cabin owners from accessing those two Spurs... come on..really? After all these years they just randomly decide to install gates. :lol: there is more to the story.

And to block the exit of overtime... :oops:

On a side note at least it gives us something to talk about on the forum as it’s been a ghost town here all summer.

Brizent
Eight-Footers

Postby Brizent » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Well said Shinny!

Brizent
Eight-Footers

Postby Brizent » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:49 am

I noticed today while on a hike that there are also boulders blocking the Overtime side exit onto the first spur. I could be wrong but I don’t think these boulders were placed the same time as the ones ion front of the Fluid entrance. Now I’m starting to think they don’t want Overtime/Escalator being ridden for some unknown reason.

Return to “Everything Else”